Applications are invited from eligible candidates for 2 [Two] positions of Junior Research Fellow on a temporary contractual basis in Department of Bio-technology funded Grant-in-Aid Project entitled “Marine carotenoids as nutraceuticals for alleviating age related macular degeneration and retinol deficiency induced biochemical changes” (GAP-0392), tenable at Biochemistry and Nutrition Department, CFTRI, Mysore.
- Post : Junior Research Fellow
- No of Post : Two
- Essential Qualification :
- First Class M.Sc. in Bio-chemistry/Bio-technology, Life Sciences/Molecular Biology/Marine Biology/Fisheries/Nutrition/Chemistry
- good academic records
- should have been qualified for lecturership in National Eligibility Test conducted by CSIR-UGC.
- Emoluments : Rs.12,000/- per month for first two years and Rs.14,000/- per month in the 3rd year plus HRA as per DBT/CSIR Rules.
Terms & Conditions :
- Candidates should not have exceeded 28 years of age as on 18-11-2011, i.e. the last date of receipt of applications for the post.
- The engagement of JRFs are exclusively for the above mentioned project.
- The engagement will be contractual and on purely temporary basis in the project funded by DBT, Govt. of India for a maximum period of three years and is co-terminus with the project, if the project terminates earlier.
- The engagement under externally funded project does not confer any right/ claim whatsoever either explicitly or implicitly on the appointee for regular appointment in CSIR/ CFTRI, against any post or otherwise under any legal conditions or precedent.
- No TA/DA will be given to the candidates for attending the interview.
How To Apply?
Eligible candidates may send their complete Bio-data with e-mail address/contact phone number along with attested copies of the necessary certificates to
Dr. V. Baskaran,
Senior Principal Scientist,
Biochemistry & Nutrition Department,
CFTRI, Mysore – 570 020
on or before 18-11-2011.
- Applications received after the due date (i.e., 18-11-2011) will be summarily rejected.
- The short-listed candidates will be informed about the date of interview and the venue through e-mail/post.
Deadline : 18.11.2011